We invite children and young people from around the world to submit a short 3 minute video which captures their understanding of the ways in which food, water and energy is produced, consumed and experienced in their everyday life.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
This competition is being run as part of the (Re)Connect the Nexus research project, exploring young people's relationship and understanding of the food, water, energy nexus. This competition is open to all young people, around the world, to gather different interpretations and experiences of the nexus in everyday life.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- The 'Food-Water-Energy' challenge is open to any school, college, university or youth organisation.
- Entries are welcome from young people under the age of 25.
- Entries are welcome from individuals or teams of up to four people.
- Videos must not exceed 3 minutes in length
- Videos must address the theme 'Food, water and energy in my everyday life'
- Please be aware of using soundtracks and images in your video, if these do not have copyright permission they will not be able to be uploaded on to YouTube for online voting.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- A representative from each school, university, college or youth organisation will submit entries on behalf of young people (those under 18)
- The submitting organisation is responsible for obtaining permission of all young people who appear in the video and for this appearing on You Tube
- Upon submission entants must agree to the piece being used by the research team (as data, in project presentations and reports)
-Complete the application form
- Upload your entry to Dropbox (or other file sharing site) and submit to email@example.com
- Deadline for submissions: 31st December, 2016
THE FOOD-WATER-ENERGY CHALLENGE ENTRY FORM.docx
Size : 15.048 Kb
Type : docx
SHORTLISTING AND ONLINE VOTING
- The research team will shortlist the entries based on their fit with the competition theme
- Online voting, on You Tube will open in January 2017, the winner and the runner up will be based on the highest number of 'likes' (closes 28th February, 2017).
£300 (Amazon vouchers) for the submitting organisation.
£150 (Amazon vouchers) for the winning entry.
£150 (Amazon vouchers) for the submitting organisation.
£100 (Amazon vouchers) for the winning entry
- Winning entries will be announced in March and publicised through an extensive media campaign. Young participants will be asked to write a piece for the project website.
If you have any questions about the competition, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Translate This Page